How do I know what kind of home care my family member needs?

With all the different services and personnel, it can be hard to know what is best for your family member. Whether you access service through the HCCSS - Home & Community Care Support Services (formerly the LHIN) or through a service provider organization, a staff member will be responsible to conduct an assessment and make a recommendation regarding the services and supports that will be most beneficial.  They will provide you with options and let you know what services are paid for by the government (publicly funded), if your needs can be met by your insurance policies and the cost of family-funded care.

You are wise to investigate service before a crisis occurs.  Research has shown that small amounts of non-medical support can make the difference in a person's ability to function well at home.  Speaking with a service provider organization in your community can give you insight as to what is available.

  • Find a Home Care Provider
  • List of Members
  • Media