Today, ParaMed is one of Canada’s largest home health care providers. We’re the home and community care division of Extendicare, a Canadian company that’s one of North America’s leading providers of long-term and community care.
We have 24 offices and 6,000 professional and home support staff, serving thousands of people each day, with compassionate and skilled care. We provided almost 5 million hours of needed services last year. Despite our size, we never forget the individual. We consistently focus on the unique needs of each client. Whether we’re working for a government-funded program or private clients, caring for the individual is our greatest concern.
Our caregivers are compassionate and skilled people who will listen, understand and respond to individuals clients’ needs. Our caregivers are educated to care for the physical, emotional, and psychosocial needs of the client.
With ParaMed staff, clients will get:
- People carefully chosen for their education, skills and experience.
- People fully educated with skills enhanced through ongoing education programs.
- 24 hour administrative and clinical support for those staff.
- Understanding of the languages and the customs of each community’s diverse cultural mosaic. Across Ontario, our staff speak more than 50 languages.
- Customized care plans focusing on the unique needs of each client and the achievement of outcomes through ParaMed’s Outcome Based Care program.
- Long-term employees – many of our staff have been with ParaMed since their branch opened.